Note: This translation is provided solely for information. Only the Norwegian declaration is legally valid. Also note that this version v3.2 of the declaration is not current, it enters effect on 24 August.
This declaration and the prevailing subscription terms and conditions together constitute the contract between Norid AS, which operates the registry for Norwegian domain names, and you as the subscriber. When you sign the declaration, you bind yourself to the terms and conditions for registering a Norwegian domain name (domain name ending in .no).
I hereby declare that registration and/or use of the domain name
- is not contrary to the subscription terms and conditions, see /no/om-domenenavn/regelverk-for-no/
- to my knowledge does not involve unlawful infringement on a third-party’s registered or unregistered rights to the name
- is not contrary to Norwegian law
- does not unjustifiably give the impression of involving public administration or the exercise of public authority
I have acquainted myself with the requirements that apply in connection with registration and use of the domain name and am familiar with my rights and obligations.
I am aware that
- Norid collects and processes data regarding domain name subscribers in order to fulfil my subscriber agreement and to administer the Norwegian top-level domain in a way that contributes to robust operation of the internet as an infrastructure.
- Norid operates a look-up service in which the public can look up a domain name and obtain information about the subscription, about me as the subscriber, about technical contact and technical layout, and who is the registrar for the domain name. As a subscriber, I can provide an anonymised e-mail address as long as the address can be used to contact me.
- Complaints regarding my registration can be considered by the Norwegian Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee pursuant to rules and procedures that stem from the subscription terms and conditions. As a subscriber, I will be bound by the decision of the Committee, and I must cover the complaint fee if the complainant prevails.
- Norid can rescind a registered domain name when it is obvious that the assignment is contrary to conditions referenced in this declaration or otherwise contrary to the subscription terms and conditions
As a subscriber, I am obliged to observe the applicable subscription terms and conditions and to keep myself updated on changes to them. A domain name subscription must be extended annually. By ordering an extension of the subscription, I accept the subscription agreement and the prevailing domain name policy for Norwegian domain names.
Current version is 3.2, dated 24/8/2021.