Domain name policy for .no
Appendix G: Applicant’s declaration
Note: This translation is provided solely for information. Only the Norwegian declaration is legally valid.
Upon signing the declaration, the domain name holder commits to the terms and conditions for registering a .no domain name. This declaration together with the regulations in force at any given time, constitutes the contract between UNINETT Norid AS, in the following referred to as Norid, and the domain holder
I hereby declare that the registration and/or use of the domain name
- does not conflict with applicable terms and conditions, cf. https://www.norid.no/en/regelverk/navnepolitikk/
- does not, to my knowledge, infringe on third-party registered or unregistered rights to the name
- does not conflict with Norwegian law
- does not unfairly represent any relation to any public administrative agency or authority
I have made myself familiar with the requirements set by the terms and conditions for registration and use of the domain name, and I know my rights and obligations.
I am aware that
- Norid collects and processes data about domain name holders in order to fulfil the agreement with me as the holder and to manage the Norwegian top-level domain in a way that contributes to a robust operation of the internet as an infrastructure.
- Norid operates a lookup service where the public can look up a domain name and find information about the delegation, me as the holder, the technical contact person and the technical setup, and who the registrar for the domain is. As the holder I can provide an anonymised email address in the contact data, as long as I can be contacted via this email address.
- complaints against my registration can be processed by the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Committee in accordance with the provisions and procedures that follow from applicable regulations. As the holder I am bound by the ADR Committee’s decision, and I am required to cover the complaint fee if the complainer wins the dispute.
- Norid may rescind a registered domain name if it becomes clear that its registration is in violation of the terms specified in this declaration or otherwise conflicts with the terms and conditions or the intentions behind the regulations.
As the domain name holder, I am obligated to adhere to the terms and conditions valid at any given time, and to keep informed about changes to the terms and conditions. A domain name must be renewed annually. By paying the annual fee, I accept the current terms and conditions.
The current version is 3.0, dated 2018-05-22.