How to become a registrar
Does your company want to become a registrar for Norid? Here you can find some information about the basic requirements and how to proceed if you want to apply.
As a registrar you are the link between Norid and the domain holders. No one can apply directly to us, the registrar thus have a very important role in the Norwegian domain model. Your task is to contribute so that the domain name system operates effectively and according to the policy for .no. You also have a responsibility to make sure that applicants and holders receive quick and satisfactory support.
General conditions to become a registrar
- You must have a company with adequate technical competence and administrative resources.
- You must have a minimum yearly activity. This is to keep good quality on the service.
- You must pay an administration fee of NOK 5000 and a deposit of minimum NOK 10 000. The deposit regulates how many registrations (new domains, renewals and change of holder) you can do each month.
How to apply
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to supply your postal address. Two registrar agreements will be sent to you by post.
- Sign both agreements and return them to us with your certificate of incorporation.
- When the application has been processed, we will send you a form by email. Complete the form and send it back to us.
- You will receive an invoice by post for the administration fee and deposit.
- Accounts to the test systems will be sent to you by email. Use these to complete the registrar test.
- Your status as a registrar will be activated when the invoice has been paid and you have passed the registrar test. Your company will then be included in the list of .no registrars which is published on our web pages, see below.