Guidelines: Change holder
- Companies: Make sure the applicant has an organization type that is permitted to register .no domain names, see appendix E for the list.
- Individuals: Tell the applicant to create a personal identification code for himself by means of the PID automat. If he has created a personal ID previously, you should use that.
- Collect the the applicant declaration (signed by the new holder).
- Make sure that the current holder has approved of the holder change. You must be able to document this in the future, should any question arise.
- Transfer the domain to you if you are not already the sponsoring registrar.
- Change the relevant attributes (holder, hosts,legal contacts, technical contacts).
- Set the authencation code (AuthInfo) if applicable.
- Start the transaction with the update command.
- You will receive an immediate response via EPP. A notification is also sent by email to the former legal contact. For private domain names this is the holder himself.
Please note that after a change of holder the domain gets a new registration date and a new expiry date.